Allocation and Planning Analyst
We’re hiring! Mastermind Toys - Canada’s Authority on Play - has big plans and we want YOU to join our growing team! We have a customer-obsessed culture, which we believe starts with employee experience. We jump at the chance to co-create with our customers and employees, while staying true to our Canadian roots. Over 38 years later, Mastermind Toys is the nation’s largest specialty toy and children’s bookstore, and we deeply believe that “Play is Kids’ Work.
We are currently seeking an Allocation and Planning Analyst to join our team.
This individual will be responsible for providing analysis and recommendations to stakeholders supporting product purchasing, inventory levels, financial objectives, promotions, pricing and pre/post event reviews. This individual will support the attainment of best-in-class allocation, replenishment, planning and distribution practices.
- Create weekly shipping strategies for product allocation by leveraging business tools to analyze sales trends, inventory optimization, store volumes, demographics, fixture capacity, square footage, etc.
- Responsible to drive profitable sales at store level and ecomm through analysis and allocation of goods
- Track and interpret inventory levels for in-stock plans by monitoring store sales, inventory, inventory to sales ratio
- Effectively communicate expected store inventory flow to stakeholders and collectively problem solve issues involving supply chain, inventory quantity and quality
- Based on competitive review, analyze and develop strategic recommendations to implement with business partners
- Analyze category data to provide recommendations to optimize store assortments, increase store turns, improve GMROI and reduce distribution costs
- Maintain and distribute key reports to support stakeholders; identify and communicate risks and opportunities
- Analyze allocation data and optimize in order to maximize sales and in-stock rates
- Understand and translate business goals and strategies, financial data and stakeholder inputs to maintain best practice planning and analysis methodology
- Fostering strong collaborative partnerships with stakeholders to support best practice buying processes using data driven decision making. Provide support to evaluate quantifiable historical and predictive data to achieve category, vendor, sku/unit goals
- Provide feedback and recommendations to streamline processes, routines and apply best practice measures to improve efficiencies
- Work cross-functionally with other departments
- Responsible to support scheduled ad-hoc physical inventory counts across the chain
- Visit stores
- Other duties as assigned
- Certification/diploma in Business, Purchasing, Supply Chain/Logistics or equivalent required
- Post- secondary degree, certificate or diploma required. Business, Finance, Accounting, Supply chain
- Experience with LS NAV is preferred
- Strong excel skills required (including use of v-look ups, index-match and pivot tables). Knowledge of macros is a plus.
- 1-3 Years of retail allocation analysis and/or combination of retail buying, and allocation experience is an asset
- Demonstrated proficiency creating and analyzing reports and providing practical recommendations
- Solid understanding of supply chain functions, forecasting and inventory management principles
- Proven ability to deliver results in line with overall strategy
- Demonstrated competence as it relates to, retail math, attention to detail, planning and analytical skills
- Able to deal with multiple priorities and use information-based judgement in decision making
- Strong and clear verbal and written communication skills
- Toy and book product knowledge is an asset but not required
Hybrid work model is available for many of our positions.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination or medical exemption.
Mastermind Toys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, Mastermind Toys will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
If you require any accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Mastermind Toys; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org