Customer Service Representative
We’re hiring! Mastermind Toys - Canada’s Authority on Play - has big plans and we want YOU to join our growing team! We have a customer-obsessed culture, which we believe starts with employee experience. You’ll join an innovative, agile team of kids-at-heart—passionate about sparking wonder and new discoveries with everything we do. We jump at the chance to co-create with our customers and employees, while staying true to our Canadian roots. Over 37 years later, Mastermind Toys is the nation’s largest specialty toy and children’s bookstore, and we deeply believe that “Play is Kids’ Work.
We are currently seeking a Customer Service Representative (CSR) to join our Digital and Customer Experience team. This position is to ensure the provision of excellent customer service by responding to customer queries, providing information, and resolving issues. Please note that this is a 12 month contract with the possibility of being extended.
- Follow established policies and routines using authority within established parameters to deal effectively with customer questions and concerns
- Answer customer inquiries through a variety of mechanisms; email, live chat, web reviews, and telephone.
- Use the e-Commerce system to access customer product orders and check status, order details, shipment and delivery information. Review orders to ensure consistency with approval guidelines. Release approved orders or escalate those orders that do not meet parameters
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up
- Provide information to promote satisfaction, enhance sales, and meet conversion targets for web store
- Physically handle customer orders and product to review accuracy, validate returns, and generate replacements
- Accurately complete adjustments to ensure ongoing financial and inventory fidelity
- Maintain customer accounts and order records by accurately documenting customer issues, interactions, and resolutions
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to seek information on behalf of the customer
- Support retail store locations by assisting in resolving escalated customer concerns
- Meet personal & team targets related to a variety of key performance indicators of sales and productivity
- Consistently apply all health and safety practices to ensure personal safety, the safety of others and the efficiency of the facility
- High School diploma. One-year previous customer service experience (Previous Mastermind experience is an asset)
- Flexibility and availability to work a variety of shifts.
- Strong knowledge of customer service processes and solid problem-solving skills required
- Proficiency using Outlook applications, email, word, excel and customer service-related software systems
- Strong clear verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to complete work to required standard and within time constraints for each activity
- Demonstrated ability to work through customer issues to achieve a desired outcome
Hybrid work model is available for many of our positions.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination or medical exemption.
Mastermind Toys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, Mastermind Toys will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
Interested applicants can submit their applications to email@example.com