Deskside Support Analyst
We’re hiring! Mastermind Toys - Canada’s Authority on Play - has big plans and we want YOU to join our growing team! We have a customer-obsessed culture, which we believe starts with employee experience. You’ll join an innovative, agile team of kids-at-heart—passionate about sparking wonder and new discoveries with everything we do. We jump at the chance to co-create with our customers and employees, while staying true to our Canadian roots. Over 37 years later, Mastermind Toys is the nation’s largest specialty toy and children’s bookstore, and we deeply believe that “Play is Kids’ Work.
We are currently seeking a Deskside Support Analyst to join our Information Technologyteam at our Play HQ office. The successful candidate will be responsible to provide technical support to store locations and Play HQ with respect to computer, point of sale, mobile devices, telephone and other related systems.
- Troubleshoot, maintain PC’s, laptops, mobile devices and network stations, phone systems, POS hardware and software to minimize downtime and impact on end users. Take appropriate actions with urgency to restore system capabilities and service for individuals and/or full structure
- Participate in the testing and implement the releases of new infrastructure components (desktop, PCs, POS equipment, network devices, telecommunication equipment, software, upgrades, and patches) and services to the live environment
- Participate in hardware and software projects, implementations, and or upgrades.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting to users towards a resolution, including installation issues, hardware and software issues, O365 Outlook, Excel, Teams, and network troubleshooting.
- Assist in planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various systems to include desktops, laptops, network equipment and software applications
- Ongoing proactive review of all components and make recommendations with respect to resolutions to ongoing issues, re-occurring system concerns etc. to maximize up time for full structure
- Communicate electronically and by phone with users experiencing technical difficulties to determine and document problems experienced. Manage user profiles and mailboxes and phone systems including additions, deletions and editing requirements
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance operations including upgrades, file cleanups, data purges, updates etc.
- Create and maintain documentation associated with new releases
- Manage onboarding/offboarding of new full time and contract staff
- Assist in cybersecurity training and testing platform to ensure all end users receive required cyber awareness training
Maintenance & Operations:
- Maintain information about IT infrastructure and components, including provision & maintenance of documentation and user manuals
- Document all changes made when resolving issues, installing upgrades, releasing new services
- Monitor security profiles and anti-virus software on all Desktop Devices and take appropriate action in the event of non-compliance with security requirements
End User support:
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support via phone and desk-side visits to help resolve escalated issues and ensure the timely completion of tickets
- Train end users and respond to queries
- Research solutions and take action to resolve situation. Escalate unresolved or complex issues appropriately
- Manage the ticket queue in Zendesk ticketing system and ensure they are resolved and closed within the defined service level maintenance
- Perform password administration and access support for AD and several internal applications
- Create and maintain all documentation associated with new releases
New store builds:
- Build POS, workstations and servers for new stores and is responsible to ensure all new store equipment has been appropriately tested and is fully functioning ready for install and operation prior to shipping
- Experience with ticket tracking systems; knowledge of ITIL principles
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in Microsoft Operating Systems and services, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Office 365 suite
- Knowledge of network management and monitor tools for active company’s production systems supervision
- A Technical Diploma or University degree in Computer Science or related filed is an asset
- 1-3 years of progressive experience in desktop/service desk support role
- A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft certification preferred
- Ability to clearly communicate over email and phone
- Demonstrated ability & interest to provide exceptional quality customer focused service
- Strong & clear verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of evolving technology trends and best practices
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with wireless networks, switches and routers, VPN tokens, and browsers will be considered an asset
Hybrid work model is available for many of our positions.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination or medical exemption.
Mastermind Toys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, Mastermind Toys will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Mastermind; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resume can be submitted to email@example.com.