E-Commerce Product Specialist
We’re hiring! Mastermind Toys - Canada’s Authority on Play - has big plans and we want YOU to join our growing team! We have a customer-obsessed culture, which we believe starts with employee experience. We jump at the chance to co-create with our customers and employees, while staying true to our Canadian roots. Over 38 years later, Mastermind Toys is the nation’s largest specialty toy and children’s bookstore, and we deeply believe that “Play is Kids’ Work.
We are currently seeking an E-Commerce Product Specialist to join our Digital & Customer Service Experience team at our Play HQ office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Mastermind Toys E-Commerce platform. Ensure reliable system operation and product management, executing assigned work directly and with cross-functional and external partners
- Closely collaborate and serve as the point person with external eCommerce agency and third-party app support teams on all functional issues related to website and apps
- Log, troubleshoot, clarify, prioritize, and resolve all website bugs
- Action all crisis management activities
- Act as liaison in technical discussions with vendors and 3rd party companies
- Work with internal cross-functional teams to trouble shoot technical issues, support major and minor releases, and assist with solution delivery
- Provide ongoing operational analysis and support of the mastermindtoys.com site
- Leverage data to uncover gaps and opportunities to enhance the customer experience online through implementation of best practices
- Research and document market leading ecommerce sites and website features and conduct GAP analysis
- Suggest strategies to improve conversion rate, reduce browse, cart and checkout abandonment as well as suggest other site enhancements and features across the website
- Proactively recommend A/B and/or or multi-variant test ideas, hypotheses, and success metrics with follow up reporting
Product Management Documentation
- Identify and document best practices to streamline processes and workflows to increase operational efficiencies within the eCommerce team as well as within cross-functional activities
- Support the Digital Product Roadmap
- Computer Science, Business, eCommerce or other related university or college Education required
- Experience with eCommerce platforms (Wordpress, Magenta, Shopify highly preferred)
- A minimum of 1- 2 years experience in eCommerce, preferably in a Retail environment
- Understanding of UX / UI fundamentals and website optimizations
- Experience with Google and other Analytics platforms.
- Able to build custom reports and dashboards
- Ability to think creatively and ‘outside of the box
- Strong & clear verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with A/B testing including knowledge of testing methodologies and evaluation techniques
- Working knowledge of project and product management tools (jira, confluence, smartsheet, Monday.com, etc)
- Experience with various personalization and optimization E-Commerce tools (Nosto, Hot Jar, Crazy Egg, etc.)
Hybrid work model is available for many of our positions.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination or medical exemption.
Mastermind Toys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, Mastermind Toys will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
If you require any accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Mastermind Toys; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes can be submitted to email@example.com