Manager of Loyalty
We’re hiring! Mastermind Toys - Canada’s Authority on Play - has big plans and we want YOU to join our growing team! We have a customer-obsessed culture, which we believe starts with employee experience. You’ll join an innovative, agile team of kids-at-heart—passionate about sparking wonder and new discoveries with everything we do. We jump at the chance to co-create with our customers and employees, while staying true to our Canadian roots. Over 37 years later, Mastermind Toys is the nation’s largest specialty toy and children’s bookstore, and we deeply believe that “Play is Kids’ Work.
We are currently seeking a Manager of Loyaltyto join our Marketing team. This individual will be responsible to lead Loyalty marketing at Mastermind Toys, planning and implementing initiatives that result in the growth of a loyal customer base and that contribute to increased customer traffic and revenue.
Loyalty – Planning and Execution
- Leads Loyalty Strategy and creates programs to drive sales through customer loyalty.
- Partners with internal teams to plan and implement loyalty programming roadmap and design.
- Manages program elements across multiple stakeholders including marketing, creative studio, merchandising, store operations and finance.
- Defines, implements, and manages marketing communication and contact strategy for loyalty program members through relevant channels.
- Works with creative services, marketing, merchandising, digital and store operations to execute and develop content and initiatives communicated via email, direct mail, social media, website, and use of dynamic content and member personalization
- Leads and manages the development of annual and seasonal plans supporting achievement of program and targets
- Assists with managing internal operational functions of the program including budget management, customer services query escalations, offer/coupon/reward benefits and development of customer facing materials include store signage.
- Partners with internal teams and suppliers to develop programming to maximize returns and administrative efficiency
- Acts as an expert on Loyalty – understand and stay current on competitive landscape, new innovation in Loyalty marketing, and best practices
Loyalty – Analytics
- Uses data to identify insights and trends and acts to remedy issues and drive growth.
- Leverages data from multiple sources to develop a deep understanding of customer behaviour and identify opportunities to strengthen offers and initiatives to drive membership volume, purchase behaviour and minimize attrition.
- Monitor engagement, research and investigate opportunities to expand and further drive acquisition and full user adoption.
- Tracks progress against KPI/program metrics and provide regular scorecard results, processes, measurement, evaluation and/or data capture.
- Post secondary degree/diploma required
- Minimum 5 years comparable experience managing loyalty programming or CRM, preferably in retail industry
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of customer loyalty theory and campaign implementation. Experience with a variety of loyalty models
- Analytical, organized, disciplined and detail oriented - able to manage projects from inception to execution
- Demonstrated ability to achieve targets and goals and seek innovation to further develop existing program
- Strong & clear verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with software applications in desktop environments (Office 365, Klaviyo, Shoppify)
Hybrid work model is available for many of our positions.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination or medical exemption.
Interested applicants should send their job application email@example.com
Mastermind Toys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, Mastermind Toys will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Mastermind; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.