Manager of Space Planning & Visual Merchandising
We’re hiring! Mastermind Toys - Canada’s Authority on Play - has big plans and we want YOU to join our growing team! We have a customer-obsessed culture, which we believe starts with employee experience. We jump at the chance to co-create with our customers and employees, while staying true to our Canadian roots. Over 38 years later, Mastermind Toys is the nation’s largest specialty toy and children’s bookstore, and we deeply believe that “Play is Kids’ Work.
We are currently seeking a Manager of Space Planning & Visual Merchandising to join our Merchandising team at our Play HQ location
This individual will be responsible for all space management and the planogram activities in Mastermind Toys stores, to maximize sales and optimize customer experience.
Store Presentation Management
- Planogram and Store Layout Strategy
- Responsible for creating and executing store layout strategy at a high-level, communicating to key stakeholders
- Strategy includes category flow, space and presentation, and general productivity goals on a key metric basis
- Planogram Schedule
- Creates, prioritizes, schedules, and executes new planogram releases to align with product category cycles and the overall needs of the business
- Applies Mastermind Toys philosophy in the placement of categories within each store to provide for the best customer experience and to maximize results
- Determines store category assortment strategy with inventory and shelf space considerations
- Acts as the product and fixture gatekeeper for the stores. Controls the flow and quality of fixtures while holding relevant parties accountable for timely delivery of products and displays resulting in 100% planogram readiness
- Promotional Presentation
- Creates, prioritizes, schedules, and executes the promotional store plan to maximize purchases and basket size combined with new product launches and marketing initiatives.
- Controls the flow of promotional products and the quality of affiliated displays. Ensures timely arrival and exit clearance plans which results in 100% promotional readiness
- Considers value statement to customer, competitive landscape, revenue / margin potential and inventory investment ROI
- Demonstrates a mix of newness, innovation, assortment while growing revenue and profit dollars
- Customer Journey Signage
- Determines appropriate category and product level signage to aid in sales
- Ensures that all necessary product / category signage is available and is consistent with whole customer journey.
- Responsible for identifying the necessary way-finding signage to ensure smooth customer navigation
- Holds Buyers accountable for enacting effective clearance strategies and overall clearance inventory levels
Vendor Relationship Management
- Reputation and Communication
- Responsible for maintaining positive working relationships with key display suppliers and for prompt communication with vendors
- Applies experience to negotiate programs and opportunities in keeping with Mastermind philosophy and objectives
- Responsible for preparing for and conducting regular meetings with suppliers
Signage Trade shows
- May attend trade shows to meet with existing vendors and source new vendors
- Administrative effort
- Manages planogram rollout and Store communications
- Engages Buyers and Supply Chain stakeholders as required to ensure effective planogram release execution
- Post-secondary degree/diploma required
- Planogram, Space Management, Visual Merchandising or equivalent experience required
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Previous management, data analysis, retail category management experience preferred
- Detail-oriented and proven ability to manage projects in a timely fashion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with software applications in desktop environments (Planogram Software, Visual Signage, MS Windows, Adobe, related software)
Hybrid work model is available for many of our positions.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination or medical exemption.
Mastermind Toys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, Mastermind Toys will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
If you require any accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Mastermind Toys; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes can be submitted to email@example.com.