We’re hiring! Mastermind Toys - Canada’s Authority on Play - has big plans and we want YOU to join our growing team! We have a customer-obsessed culture, which we believe starts with employee experience. We jump at the chance to co-create with our customers and employees, while staying true to our Canadian roots. Over 38 years later, Mastermind Toys is the nation’s largest specialty toy and children’s bookstore, and we deeply believe that “Play is Kids’ Work.
We are currently seeking a Merchandising Assistant to join our team. This individual will be responsible for providing purchasing and administrative support for our merchandising team.
- Leverage forecasting reports to create product numbers and purchase orders for new product ordering
- Track vendor sales, identify and report to buyers and vendors regularly
- Create and review vendor orders and contract details; manage purchase order process and proactively address issues
- Lead and develop the collection of product information for both online and in-store, including tracking images, verifying content and following up with vendors
- Proactively liaise with vendors to productively address issues relating to purchases, delivery, invoicing and defects
- Provide inventory analysis support
- Visit stores to review information on product merchandising, shelving, customer access, sell through and to gain insight and input to improve selection, inventory, and processes
- Create spreadsheets and reports and provide data and recommendations regarding product splits
- Collect, review, and update the system with the new information on products, pricing, vendor contacts
- May be assigned a specific vendor group to coordinate replenishment
- Coordinate inventory management processes; weekly store orders with Logistics department
- Manage communication with receiving team and resolve issues pertaining to purchase orders
- Act as first contact for order fulfillment questions
Purchasing Replenishment Support
- May be called upon to assist and execute replenishment orders against existing SKUS
- Prep and suggest order quantities for buyers
- Support with maintenance and communication of key product marketing information to all stakeholders
- Support buying team in selection and creation of all product lists for marketing programs
Other Administrative Duties
- Provide administrative level support for assigned projects
- May be required to attend supplier fairs or promotional events
- Certification/diploma in Business, Purchasing, Supply Chain/Logistics or equivalent required
- Minimum 1-year comparable experience in a retail environment preferred
- Proficiency with software applications in desktop environments (Microsoft office, word, power point, excel - formulas, pivot tables, vlookups)
- Demonstrated ability & interest to provide exceptional quality customer focused
- Strong detail and organizational skills required
- Strong & clear verbal written, and personal communication skills required
Hybrid work model is available for many of our positions.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination or medical exemption.
Mastermind Toys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, Mastermind Toys will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
If you require any accommodation, please contact us email@example.com and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Mastermind Toys; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.