Senior Allocation and Planning Analyst
We’re hiring! Mastermind Toys - the Most Innovative Retailer of 2020 and Canada’s Authority on Play and we want YOU to join our growing team! We have a customer-obsessed culture, which we believe starts with employee experience. You’ll join an innovative, agile team of kids-at-heart—passionate about sparking wonder and new discoveries with everything we do. We jump at the chance to co-create with our customers and employees, while staying true to our Canadian roots. Over 36 years later, Mastermind Toys is the nation’s largest specialty toy and children’s bookstore, and we deeply believe that “Play is Kids’ Work.
- We are currently seeking a Senior Allocation and Planning Analyst to join our Merchandising team at our Play HQ office. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and executing transformational changes. Utilizing data, they will influence and support stakeholders on product purchasing, inventory, financial objectives and event reviews.
Allocation & replenishment:
- Responsible for driving profitable sales at store level and ecomm through analysis and allocation of goods
- Create weekly shipping strategies that will enable allocating products to the right stores at the right time by leveraging business tools for the purposes of analyzing trends
- Tracks and interprets inventory levels to ensure they are achieving in-stock plans by monitoring store sales, inventory, inventory to sales ratio and visiting stores
- Effectively communicate expected store inventory flow to stakeholders, particularly purchasing, logistics and store operations
- Coordinate with stakeholders including purchasing, logistics, store operations and others to problem solve issues involving supply chain, inventory quantity and quality
- Visits stores and competition to analyze and develop strategic recommendations to implement with business partners
Planning, Analysis & Reporting:
- Analyze category or item data and provide recommendations to the Buyers
- Analyze allocation data inputs, and optimize to maximize sales & in-stock rates
- Understand and translate business goals and strategies, financial data and stakeholder inputs to maintain best practice planning and analysis methodology
- Work in an advisory capacity fostering strong collaborative partnerships with buying team (and other stakeholders) in support of best practice buying processes using data driven decision making.
- Provide support to individual buyers in the evaluation, use/application of quantifiable historical and predictive data to achieve category, vendor, sku/unit goals
- Expectation to accelerate our transformation by providing feedback and recommendations to streamline processes, routines and apply best practice measures to improve efficiencies
- Expected to work cross-functionally and get exposure to other areas of the organization outside of the merchandising group
- Responsible to support scheduled ad-hoc physical inventory counts across the chain
Hybrid work model is available for many of our positions.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination or medical exemption.
Mastermind Toys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, Mastermind Toys will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.If you require accommodations, please include your request in your application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Mastermind; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resume can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.