Shift Leader | Richmond Hill, ON
We’re hiring! Mastermind Toys - Canada’s Authority on Play - has big plans and we want YOU to join our growing team! We have a customer-obsessed culture, which we believe starts with employee experience. You’ll join an innovative, agile team of kids-at-heart—passionate about sparking wonder and new discoveries with everything we do. We jump at the chance to co-create with our customers and employees, while staying true to our Canadian roots. Over 37 years later, Mastermind Toys is the nation’s largest specialty toy and children’s bookstore, and we deeply believe that “Play is Kids’ Work.
We are currently seeking a Permanent Part-time Shift Leader to join our Richmond Hill, ON location. Our shift leaders bring fun, learning and confidence to parents & children by providing an exceptional customer experience and contributing to the profitability, success and growth of the store. They oversee store operations, including shift task organization and store opening and closing duties, in conjunction with/or in the absence of management.
This is a great growth opportunity for someone looking to expand their leadership skills in a part time role. We are seeking individuals with flexible availability including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Job and Responsibilities will include:
Sales Assistance and Processing
- Greet, actively approach & assist customers consistent with the Mastermind customer experience philosophy; ensure customers are always the primary focus over tasks
- Seek to understand customer needs, communicate relevant product information; be able to explain/demonstrate product use (demonstrate sound product knowledge across all product categories), age target, special features, options etc. & in-store promotions; make suggestions for additional product to enhance purchase. Inform customers of services and specials. Consistently deliver a shopping experience that is BETTER than expected
- Receive & process payments, returns, exchanges accurately & in accordance with POS procedures and customer service and sales philosophy
- Gift wrap purchase to standard
- Actively contribute to achieve team and store goals
- Participate to maintain best practice merchandising standards throughout the shift; create inviting, attractive displays; keep store shelves fully stocked and neat; assemble product as required
- Participate in safeguarding staff, customers & product through pro-active assistance; comply with loss prevention and health and safety & emergency procedures
- May be asked to participate in the health & safety committee and/or first aider programs. Ensure personal conduct is consistent with safety and security policies
- Process inventory in and out of store in accordance with standardized procedures. May participate in inventory counts
- Participate in general store upkeep including dusting, floor, carpet, window, kitchen and bathroom cleaning. Participate (as applicable) in external walkway maintenance
- May participate in monitoring store supply levels
- Complete other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Follow security systems and protocols. Participate and advocate the safeguarding of staff, customers & product through the management of pro-active assistance; zone management; compliance with loss prevention and health and safety; store maintenance & emergency procedures
- High school diploma preferred.
- Previous retail sales and POS experience required
- Previous experience in as a key holder or shift leader is preferred. Able to organize and get work done through others
- Strong planning and accuracy skills
- Demonstrated ability & interest to provide exceptional quality customer focused sales assistance
- Able to project an enthusiastic, polite and welcoming demeanour. Strong & clear verbal and written communication skills
Mastermind Toys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, Mastermind Toys will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
Interested applicants should send their job application to: email@example.com