Social Media Content Creator
We’re hiring! Mastermind Toys - the Most Innovative Retailer of 2020 and Canada’s Authority on Play has big plans for 2022 and we want YOU to join our growing team! We have a customer-obsessed culture, which we believe starts with employee experience. You’ll join an innovative, agile team of kids-at-heart—passionate about sparking wonder and new discoveries with everything we do. We jump at the chance to co-create with our customers and employees, while staying true to our Canadian roots. Over 37 years later, Mastermind Toys is the nation’s largest specialty toy and children’s bookstore, and we deeply believe that “Play is Kids’ Work.
We are currently seeking a Social Media Content Creator to join our team. This role is responsible for contributing as a specialist member of the creative services team to create compelling social media content for a variety of platforms across media (still graphics and video) that drive consumer engagement and sales.
Jobs and responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with Marketing Associate to generate ideas for content calendar that are on brand, relevant and engaging.
- Translate strategy concepts from ideas to on brand, relevant, and engaging visuals.
Content design, editing and videography
- Work with Creative team to provide graphic design, videography and editing expertise capturing the brand equity and values.
- Translate strategy concepts into tangible digital designs that contain insightful innovation, compelling visual story telling all consistent with the brand and individual project strategy.
- Develop, present and project manage the process through to execution
- Create static and video content for social media (Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, LinkedIn).
- Post-production video tasks include reviewing footage, editing rough cuts, audio adjustments, colour correction, and final editing using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Create motion and static graphics using programs like After Effects and Animate and Adobe Illustrator
- Edit, manage, and maintain inventory records of creative assets and videos.
- Source and secure stock media and music.
- Schedule video shoots by organizing locations, sets, props and any required talent.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Design Departments, to ensure their social media content and execution of motion graphics needs are being met.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Audio and Video equipment and ability to properly light and record audio on location and in-studio.
- 2+ years of editing experience using the Adobe Premiere Pro
- College Diploma or University Degree in a related field considered an asset.
- Retail experience an asset.
- Ability to collaborate with others and work in an active, fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- A hands-on problem solver and critical thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Motivated by highly collaborative, fast-paced environments, with the ability to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop, Animate).
- Knowledgeable about Social Media platforms, digital marketing and current content trends.
Hybrid work model is available for many of our positions.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination or medical exemption.
Mastermind Toys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, Mastermind Toys will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Mastermind; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested applicants should send their job application to email@example.com along with a portfolio of their graphic design experience.