This delightful little nature guide for young children is all about discovering the many insects, spiders, and other creatures—aka BUGS!—that creep, crawl, and fly around your neighborhood and beyond. Young explorers learn where, when, and how to safely and kindly find insects, spiders, and other creepy-crawlies such as worms and pill bugs with this fun and sturdy take-along guide.
- Easy-to-understand profiles of a variety of insects and spiders commonly found in North America, along with some exotic bugs from around the world
- Vibrant National Geographic photography that brings the subject matter to life“Check Me Out!” fact boxes that provide more information about each creature, including size and color, where it's found, and what it eats
- Basic facts about insect and spider anatomy and life cycles
- Tips on how to how to become keen observers and explorers, and how and where to spot insects and spiders
- Cool fun facts sprinkled throughout
- Simple text for reading aloud or for beginning readersIdeas for related activities
- A helpful glossary
- Flexible binding for durability
Inspired by National Geographic's best-selling Little Kids First Big Book series, this sturdy take-along guide series is designed to get young children and their families excited about going outside and exploring the world firsthand, beginning with BUGS!