Born in 1961, Sophie's success is legendary! Made in the French Alps with natural rubber and non-toxic paint, Sophie the Giraffe has been safely cuddled and chewed for more than 50 years! Sophie the Giraffe is soft, light, easy to grasp and fits perfectly into little hands. Sophie the Giraffe is loveable and amusing. She even makes a happy sound when squeezed. Babies especially love her bumpy head to soothe their teething gums!
Sophie stimulates all of babies senses:
- Sight: The dark and contrasting spots all over Sophie the Giraffe’s body provide visual stimulation and make her easily recognizable to baby. She soon becomes a familiar and reassuring object.
- Hearing: Her squeaker keeps baby amused, stimulates hearing, and helps to understand the link between cause and effect.
- Taste: Sophie the Giraffe is very flexible and has lots of parts for baby to chew (ears, horns, legs). She is perfect for soothing baby’s sore gums when teething and is completely safe. Made of 100% natural rubber and food paint.
- Touch: Sophie the Giraffe is perfect for baby’s small hands. She is very light and her long legs and neck are easy for baby to grip. She is very soft to touch, just like baby’s mommy, stimulating soothing physiological and emotional responses.
- Smell: The singular scent of natural rubber (from the Hevea tree) makes Sophie the Giraffe very special and easy for your child to identify amid other toys.
Measures approximately 7" high.